IMS Enrollment / Refund / Liability Policy
All current and potential students of IMS Academy have to read and agree to the following terms and conditions.
Possible Tuition Changing
IMS Academy has a right to recalculate tuition and other expenses according to changes in currency exchange rates, taxes, prices, and other government measures.
Students must pay tuition at least two weeks in advance before start or extension of a course. Students cannot transfer classes to another student. (Only allowed in Family Program : Parents to Juniors)
Once students have enrolled, registration fee is not refundable.
Postpone of course
(1) A postponement of a course is valid for six months. If the postponed course is not resumed within 6 months, the remaining course will be automatically expired.
(2) A Postponement is available 3 months after course starts, and remaining of the course must be over 4 weeks(one program). (students must have an inevitable reason to apply for a postponement /students with less than 4weeks cannot apply for a postponement)
Refund Policy (Tuition)
(1) Refund will be deposited into bank account approximately 30 days after a document for refund was submitted. (Each agencies have different refund regulations ; Exact amount and time of the refund can be confirmed through the agency)
(2) No refund, if the remaining course is less than 4 weeks(one program).
(3) No refund or makeup class for a student’s late arrival(course starting date) or absent in any case.
(4) No refund for expulsion.
(5) If students paid discounted(by promotion) tuition, offset will be calculated based on normal tuition. If deducted amount is bigger than refundable amount, the student must pay difference. Refusing it could lead to expulsion.
(6) No refund for price difference of change to cheaper course, once course has started.
* Refundable Period and Amount as below
|Departure||Point of the refund request||Registration Fee||Tuition||Accommodation|
|Before||14 days before the start date||Non-refundable||100%||100%|
|7 days before the start date||Non-refundable||100%||Deduction of the cost of one week|
|Within 7 days of the start date||Non-refundable||Deduction of the cost of one week||Deduction of the cost of one week|
|After||Less than 50% of the total course duration||Non-refundable||50% of the tuition of the remaining period||50% of the tuition of the remaining period|
|Exceeding 50% of the total course duration||Non-refundable||Non-refundable||Non-refundable|
Refund Policy (Other Expenses)
(1) Visa fee : Full refund for visa extension not yet in progress
(2) SSP : No refund once a course has started
(3) Airport Shuttle service : Full refund, if canceled at least a day before departure from home country
(1) Students can extend a course by weeks(not days) after consulting with manager. Students must apply and made payment at least 2 weeks before extended course starts.
(2) Extension is not possible when dormitory is fully occupied/booked.
(3) Extension must go through the same agency as the first registration.
(1) IMS Academy and its agencies shall not be liable for failure of providing a service to students in the events of natural disaster, war, delay/cancellation of flight or any of unexpected/uncontrollable incident.
(2) IMS shall not be liable for any loss/damage of life/health from actions made without prior permission.
(3) Students are fully responsible for any incidents, loss or disease on/off the campus; IMS holds no liability.
(4) Students are encouraged to have a student/traveler insurance and can be covered according to his/her insurance. IMS shall not compensate additionally.
(5) If a student takes away his/her passport due to personal use, he/she must return it to the office. If not returned, the student is responsible for any incidents(visa/loss/etc.) resulting from the action.
(6) IMS has a right to change tuition and other expenses in the event of increasing tax/exchange rate, governmental actions, other events beyond control. Also, IMS has a right to change course dates, curriculum and programs in order to provide higher quality education for our students.
(7) IMS has a right to give a warning/penalty to students whom not interested in studying or ruining studying atmosphere(violating academy rules, absenting class, violent or misbehaving). IMS has a right to expel a student with stack of warnings/penalties, if the student do not correct his/her behavior.
(8) IMS has a right to expel a student who leads/organize other students for undermining academy’s property/employees/curriculum. IMS will demand compensation for damages.
(9) IMS has a right to expel or take legal action against a student who cause any defamation caused upon the academy. IMS will demand compensation for damages.
(10) IMS has a right to notify agency and parents of troubled/expelled student, about cause and result.